Saturday, October 7, 2023

Commendation to the Sacred Heart

 On October 17 Holy Mother Church honors St. Margaret Mary Alocoque.  At the age of twenty-two, St. Margaret Mary made her profession at the convent of the Visitation at Paray-le-Monial, and after a few quiet years in the convent, St. Margaret Mary began receiving revelations from Our Lord Who informed her of His great desire to be loved by all men. He also wanted devotion to His Sacred Heart to be spread, making twelve promises to those who practiced a true devotion to his Sacred Heart. Through these revelations and her zeal and love for Our Lord, devotion to the Sacred Heart of Jesus spread throughout the world.  She spoke of the Sacred Heart, saying, 

"Behold this Heart which has so loved men that it has spared nothing, even to exhausting and consuming itself, in order to testify its love."

The following prayer to the Sacred Heart of Jesus was found in the writings of St. Margaret Mary.

+                         +                    +

Commendation to the Sacred Heart 

O Lord, I elect Thy Sacred Heart my abiding-place. May it be my strength in combat, my support in weakness, my light and guide in darkness; may it supply for my defects and sanctify all my intentions and actions. In union with Thine Own I offer them up that I may be prepared to receive Thee. 

Strengthen and support, O most sacred Heart, the purpose and desire of loving and serving Thee with which Thou didst inspire me, and grant that I perform all the good that according to Thy will I should. 

Be Thou, O God, my strength; do Thou support and defend me, for I am and intend to be forever Thine.

God bless!
+JMJ+

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have any questions or suggestions, feel free to leave a comment. God bless!